Werner changed the topic of #armbian to: armbian - Linux for ARM development boards | www.armbian.com | Upcoming release talk at July 4th 2pm GMT - don't miss it :) | Github: github.com/armbian | Commits: #armbian-commits | Forums Feed: #armbian-rss | Type 'help' for help | Logs: -> irc.armbian.com
<lanefu> Europe sleeps
ChriChri_ has joined #armbian
ChriChri has quit [Ping timeout: 256 seconds]
ChriChri_ is now known as ChriChri
MrFixIt has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
<Tonymac32> air conditioning is a success
<Tonymac32> shed is now climate/humidity controlled
<lanefu> Nice. Whatd you rig up
<lanefu> And are you working from the shed?
<Tonymac32> not for this, but my day job has me building some testers I designed
<Tonymac32> and that requires more workshop tools, which are out there
<lanefu> Thats kind of awesome
<lanefu> Wish dayjob required man tools.
<Tonymac32> lol mine doesn't, really, but I identified a problem that I am uniquely fit to solve
<Tonymac32> since I am massively, outrageously overqualified it turns out
MrFixIt has joined #armbian
* Tonymac32 downloading an image for OPi 3 so OpenHAB can be resumed
<Tonymac32> lanefu have you messed with sonoff Wifi switches?
<lanefu> Yep. Got lots of them
<Tonymac32> best firmware?
<lanefu> Tasmota is a work of art
<Tonymac32> I have 4-5 of these BASIC ones
<Tonymac32> the inline ones you patch into the cord
<lanefu> Yeah they're easy to flash. I have a basic spliced into a lamp on our bedroom.... with a dht22 temp sensor
<Tonymac32> hahaha
<lanefu> And an s31 attached to window AC
<Tonymac32> ROFL ok I see the well-labelled UART on board
<lanefu> With their powers combined... thermostat
<Tonymac32> lol nice
<Tonymac32> I only see IO2 available outside of the UART
<lanefu> Yeah. You can reassign uart pins for gpio
<lanefu> Tasmota works well on d1 minis
<Tonymac32> I need to read the IR codes off of the AC unit's remote
<Tonymac32> then IR blast commands based on temp/etc
<Tonymac32> (obviously seperate topic from the sonoff basics
<Tonymac32> )
<Tonymac32> Almost as offensive as the MiQi
<Tonymac32> *forgot heat sink, had spare Tinker Board one*
<Tonymac32> Fun fact: I have a 1 GB Tinker Board
<lanefu> To go with you 1g opi3
<Tonymac32> well, at least 4x A17's can do something with 1 GB haha
<Tonymac32> 4x A53's....
<Tonymac32> uhhhh
<Tonymac32> this board won't boot now
<Tonymac32> ...
<ArmbianHelper> . [en~>eng]
<Tonymac32> LOL
<Tonymac32> .. VERBOTEN
<ArmbianHelper> FORBIDDEN [de~>eng]
<lanefu> Womp
<Tonymac32> At least this OPi booted once, it's the only one of three that has
<Tonymac32> (Not entirely fair, the other two were the i96 and the 4G)
* Tonymac32 is blaming SD card
<Tonymac32> confirmed, crappy Android booted
<Tonymac32> btw do we know how to make the LED over at the PMIC turn green?
<lanefu> Like in ? /sys/class/led
<Tonymac32> I didn't know it was a 2-color LED until I booted the Android image and it turned green
<Tonymac32> strange, the Tinker Board heatsink isn't any better at cooling an OPi 3 than it is at cooling a Tinker Board...
<lanefu> Yeah i had no idea
<lanefu> Is it rgb?
<Tonymac32> I think just R/G
<Tonymac32> but honestly can't tell
<Tonymac32> would need schematic
<Tonymac32> so, uhh, it just locks up after a few seconds.
* Tonymac32 puts it back on island of misfit toys with the charlie in a box
<lanefu> Lol
<lanefu> Womp
<Tonymac32> I see we are still patching audio on amlogic 5.7 hmmmmmmmmm
<Tonymac32> OK, most of these hit 5.8 I see
* Tonymac32 is over this bs
sassinak-work has quit [Ping timeout: 244 seconds]
sassinak-work has joined #armbian
_whitelogger has joined #armbian
<Werner> Good morning
_whitelogger has joined #armbian
* Werner bla
dddddd has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
_whitelogger has joined #armbian
<IgorPec> ..dobro jutro
<ArmbianHelper> Good morning [hr~>eng]
<chewitt> Tonymac32 all the audio stuff is upstream in 5.8 apart from adding support to device-trees
<chewitt> I'm still working up enthusiasm to submit minimal audio stuff in device-trees (and then be told off for doing it all wrong) by the audio maintainer
<chewitt> the userspace stuff is still "guess in progress"
<chewitt> s/guess/guesswork
<ArmbianHelper> chewitt meant to say: the userspace stuff is still "guesswork in progress"
redliondj has quit [Quit: WeeChat 2.3]
sunshavi has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
sunshavi has joined #armbian
<IgorPec> we probably have audio stuff but the device tree part .. where quesswork starts :)
sassinak-work has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
sassinak-work has joined #armbian
_whitelogger has joined #armbian
lids has quit [Ping timeout: 260 seconds]
lids has joined #armbian
jock has joined #armbian
<chewitt> https://github.com/chewitt/linux/commits/amlogic has everything you might want
Miouyouyou has joined #armbian
<Miouyouyou> Meow
<IgorPec> meow you are early ;)
<IgorPec> chewitt: tnx, we will double check if we are missing anything
<Miouyouyou> Yup
<chewitt> IgorPec I have some bits for enabling rtc which I plan to upstream too
<chewitt> I will send once I figure out what's needed for rtc on C4
<chewitt> still haven't been able to have that probe right
<IgorPec> aha. is you c4 rebooting proerly? t
<Werner> Miouyouyou, do you want a project affiliation cloak? Like @armbian/maintainer/Miouyouyou or @armbian/contributor/Miouyouyou
<jock> hello!
<Miouyouyou> Hmm, why not
<Werner> jock, Hi
<Werner> Miouyouyou, what would you prefer? maintainer or contributor?
<Miouyouyou> Contributor. It will always be true. :3
<Werner> Okay
Dr{Who} has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
Dr{Who} has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
dddddd has joined #armbian
BCMM has joined #armbian
xwigg has quit [Ping timeout: 256 seconds]
xwigg has joined #armbian
_whitelogger has joined #armbian
c0rnelius has quit [Quit: WeeChat 2.3]
c0rnelius has joined #armbian
<lanefu> Good morning
<xwigg> Good afternoon
<xwigg> US?
<lanefu> Wait are you saying the world doesn't revolve around me?
<lanefu> Jk. Yes US east coast
<xwigg> The world is flat, common misconception.
<xwigg> NL (EU)
<lanefu> Hahaha
xwigg has quit [Ping timeout: 256 seconds]
xwigg has joined #armbian
BCMM has quit [Ping timeout: 246 seconds]
Miouyouyou has quit [Changing host]
Miouyouyou has joined #armbian
archetech has joined #armbian
torv has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
torv has joined #armbian
livingsilver94 has joined #armbian
<livingsilver94> hi! according to this task, is it save to upgrade my rock64 legacy kernel to 5.4?
<ArmbianHelper> AR-108 [Story] "Upgrade remaining kernels to 5.4.y" reported by Igor Pecovnik at 2019-12-20. Status: Done
<lanefu> livingsilver94: should be safe.. may want to double check on the forums for any woes
<lanefu> rock64 is a picky board.. ex: i have v2 and archetech has a v2 and sometimes things work on mine and not his
<lanefu> martinayotte: on your 2nd cup of coffee yet?
<livingsilver94> lanefu: OK, thanks a lot. I have a v2 board too. Gonna check the forums this evening and eventually upgrade the kernel
* HerculeP always does a dd backup b4 greater updates ;)
_5kft_ has joined #armbian
pinkieval has quit [Ping timeout: 240 seconds]
pinkieval has joined #armbian
<livingsilver94> HerculeP: on a running system? does it work should you restore it?
<lanefu> just depends on how running it is
piter75 has joined #armbian
<piter75> hi
<lanefu> hi piter75
<lanefu> For those with Jira access.. added some docs on how to use new kanban board for work: https://docs.armbian.com/Process_Managing_Workflow/
<martinayotte> lanefu: I've just prepared it ... Now start drinking it ... :-)
<lanefu> I miss drinking coffee in places that aren't my house
fabiobassa has joined #armbian
<fabiobassa> good evening room
<lanefu> .. digiorno
<ArmbianHelper> digiorno [en~>eng]
<lanefu> lol
fabiobassa_ has joined #armbian
fabiobassa has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
fabiobassa_ is now known as fabiobassa
<IgorPec> hi
<[TheBug]> Good Morning
<IgorPec> anyone missing? :)
<jock> hello
<_5kft_> good morning :-)
<IgorPec> afternoon here
<fabiobassa> good morning
<IgorPec> @all 00:00 - 00:02 Meeting coordinator (MC) calls meeting to order.
TonyMac69 has joined #armbian
<IgorPec> first few minutes is just a checkout
<IgorPec> checking-ing
<Miouyouyou> Checkwing
<lanefu> s/checkout/check-in
<ArmbianHelper> lanefu thinks IgorPec meant to say: first few minutes is just a check-in
<IgorPec> ..hvala
ning has joined #armbian
<ArmbianHelper> thanks [sl~>eng]
<IgorPec> ning hi. welcome to use your own language in case of troubles
<IgorPec> try
<IgorPec> 00:02 - 00:05 MC gives control to participant to check-in and wait for latecomers. If your handle is not self explanatory, add your forum/github handle and just say hi.
<ning> OK, thanks.
<IgorPec> s/MC/meeting coordinator
<ArmbianHelper> IgorPec meant to say: 00:02 - 00:05 meeting coordinator gives control to participant to check-in and wait for latecomers. If your handle is not self explanatory, add your forum/github handle and just say hi.
* TonyMac69 letting you know tonymac32 is waiting on coffee to finish
<Miouyouyou> TonyMac69 : Tonymac32 Hot Coffee Edition !
<martinayotte> Hi ! Few more sip of my 2nd coffee cup :-)
<[TheBug]> Hi all, I am TheLinuxBug on the forum just in case anyone didn't know :)
<Werner> Also prepared with coffee :P
livingsilver94 has quit [Quit: ZNC 1.8.1+deb1~bpo10+1 - https://znc.in]
<[TheBug]> man, thats what I forgot, some coffee :Z
<IgorPec> i have joice and coffe :)
<Werner> For those who missed it I'd like to point out the massive overhaul of the IRC documentation to get an idea about the features we have and can offer. For the link simply type
<Werner> help irc
<ArmbianHelper> You want some? There you go: Terrific knowledge about our IRC services! https://docs.armbian.com/Community_IRC/
livingsilver94 has joined #armbian
mik_ has quit [Ping timeout: 260 seconds]
<[TheBug]> :)
<IgorPec> 00:05 - 00:07 MC points out to agenda and asks if there is any late topic to add.
<IgorPec> take a moment to check agenda if you haven't already.
<IgorPec> news #1: IRC translator. If your English is poor, simply write in your native language. Start your sentence with .. at the beginning.
<IgorPec> news #2: A document how to use Jira https://docs.armbian.com/Process_Managing_Workflow/
<ning> let me try Chinese.
<Miouyouyou> documentation/blob/agenda/docs/Process_Release-Model.md#release-planning
<ning> 给位,你们好。
<ning> 各位,你们好。
<Miouyouyou> Ni hao ma
<fabiobassa> good afternoon A/all fabiobassa here from rk322x csc first ime on such a meeting so mostly for reading and learning
<IgorPec> ning add dots ..
<Werner> ning, add .. in front if your message.
<ning> .. 各位,你们好。
<ArmbianHelper> Hello everyone. [zh-CN~>eng]
<Werner> Awesome
<lanefu> ! so cool!
<[TheBug]> :)
<ning> nice
<IgorPec> !! works
<IgorPec> few rules
<IgorPec> rule #1: When you get a voice, be quick and concise (1-2 min) and make it clear when you stop. (“No more, I’m done”)
<Miouyouyou> .. すごいね!
<ArmbianHelper> amazing! [ja~>eng]
<IgorPec> rule #2: If meeting is going out of desired agenda, MC will use “STOP STOP STOP”, wait to get attention and then proceed with the meeting agenda. Please stop chatting and listen.
<IgorPec> 00:09 - 00:40 MC is calling out on by team sections as defined at GitHub: Allwinner, Amlogic, Marvell, Rockchip, others.
<ning> .. 这个会议预计多长时间,有几个议题?
<ArmbianHelper> How long is this meeting expected and there are several topics? [zh-CN~>eng]
<IgorPec> So I guess we shell start with the Allwinner ...
<IgorPec> ning: we should be done in 1h
<lanefu> news #3 clarification about RC Branch.. Will only be 1 rolling RC Branch.. https://docs.armbian.com/Process_Release-Model/#2-release-candidate-branch-management
<IgorPec> first allwinner people
fabiobassa_ has joined #armbian
<IgorPec> martin, 5kft, me
<IgorPec> are we ready - is it sane to move to 5.7.y in one month with current?
<martinayotte> For AllWinner DEV, in the recent few days, I've upgraded most of my AllWinner garden to 5.7, I didn't found more than small issue with ext_osc32 for H6, but I've not done deep testing such as desktop or sound
<IgorPec> the main question is - is it worse, and is worse?
<martinayotte> My garden is almost all headless boards
<IgorPec> aha, got it
<_5kft_> I've tried it on one headless, so not extensively
<IgorPec> what about H6 ... we had seme problems Werner spotted ... no dvfs?
<Werner> I am not a Allwinner guy but maybe it is a good idea in general to keep current stick to 5.4 LTS release until the next LTS kernel release?
<Werner> Which in theory should be 5.9
<martinayotte> For comparing 5.6.y with newer 5.7.y, I don't see much problems.
fabiobassa has quit [Ping timeout: 240 seconds]
<_5kft_> I like the idea of sticking to LTS kernels for current
fabiobassa_ is now known as fabiobassa
<IgorPec> 5.9. will not be ready before 1/2021 probably
<IgorPec> ok, what if we reaname DEV into EDGE?
<Werner> I still won't force it IMHO
<martinayotte> or DEV-EDGE :-P
<_5kft_> that works
<lanefu> I like the "edge" naming convention as it aligns with ubuntu uses for their hardware enablement kernels..
<IgorPec> well, because 5.4.y is ok when you ran x86 stuff, but here we have to be a bit further
<IgorPec> 5.6. is EOL, so 5.7 is the only way ... ok, let's discuss this edge and DEV change separate since it affects all
<martinayotte> In next weeks, I will start looking at the state of 5.8.y (since Megi has already a branch)
<IgorPec> sure, but we can't push that to the regular user base, 5.7.y we might
<Werner> About dvfs. You are talking about AR-301?
<ArmbianHelper> AR-301 [Task] "Increase stability of Mali-T720" reported by Werner at 2020-06-06. Status: To Do
<IgorPec> on Amlogic, imx6 ... current things are on 5.7.y
<_5kft_> good point...
<IgorPec> its very difficult to port all the way to 5.4.y
TonyMac69 has quit [Quit: -a- IRC for Android 2.1.56]
<xwigg> vote for LTS on userbase
<IgorPec> and time consuming. that's why i want to push things a bit closer t
<IgorPec> or give them a simple choice
<Werner> Well there is still the option to discard 4.19 on legacy and put 5.4 there...
<IgorPec> that's also an option, yes. what about that?
<_5kft_> that's what I was thinking - make 5.4 legacy
<_5kft_> then it is nice and stable, and we can push current to 5.7.y
<_5kft_> it's easy enough to follow the 5.4 kernel upstream patches
<_5kft_> i.e., keep legacy up to date
<IgorPec> alrigh. any objections to that plan?
<lanefu> would this be a good time to rneame legacy to stable?
<_5kft_> +1
<lanefu> stable,current,edge
<Werner> +1
<martinayotte> Not from me
<martinayotte> +1
<_5kft_> I like stable, current, edge
<_5kft_> +1
<lanefu> +1
<IgorPec> renaming is a bit more complicated
<xwigg> isnt edge more like testing?
<ning> I like edge,
<IgorPec> but ok, let's open a Jira story for that.
<_5kft_> "edge" or "unstable" ?
<IgorPec> edge is less intimidating
<_5kft_> true
<Miouyouyou> unstable edge of the bleeding dev
<IgorPec> haha
<Tonymac32> lol
<_5kft_> lol
<IgorPec> ok. this was not allwinner problem ...agaon. ok, Any more allwinner specifics?
<martinayotte> No more, I'm done ;-)
<Werner> There might be no HDMI sound on H6 and the panfrost story
<IgorPec> there are some jiras ike https://armbian.atlassian.net/browse/AR-297
<ArmbianHelper> AR-297 [Bug] "Bananapi floods RC0 IR event FIFO is full to console" reported by Igor Pecovnik at 2020-06-03. Status: To Do
<IgorPec> and bananapi sata
<xwigg> mac issue on h3 since 5.4.45
<martinayotte> about HDMI sound, it seems that Clement post some patch this morning
<IgorPec> hdmi audio seems to be doable AFAIK, while analogue driver is not existing
<Werner> martinayotte, AR-293
<ArmbianHelper> AR-293 [Bug] "H6: Verify HDMI audio output" reported by Werner at 2020-05-31. Status: To Do
<IgorPec> mac issue is new, yes
<IgorPec> i haven't been able to check it. Lets record it to Jira and move to Rockchip
<martinayotte> Maybe a simple bug in U-Boot alias ?
<IgorPec> no idea. i think its from upstream changes
<IgorPec> i don't recall any changes in our patches
<IgorPec> need to be investigated. I will assign you :)
<martinayotte> Ok !
<IgorPec> ok. Rockchip: myy tony
<IgorPec> jock
<IgorPec> piter
<Miouyouyou> WokCheap !
<IgorPec> what is the general situation here. Here we still need legacy and we could bump current to 5.7.y right?
* Tonymac32 has been too absent to make specific inputs, but believes so
<Miouyouyou> Legacy being 5.4 or 4.x ? 5.7 is working great so far.
<IgorPec> legacy = 4.4
<Miouyouyou> On RK3288
<martinayotte> (BTW, I done upgrades of almost all my Rockchip garden to 5.7.y, again headless, and didn't found something wrong)
<Miouyouyou> I just need to check if rockchip-vdec is useable on RK3288
<IgorPec> on all rk3399, 3288, ...
<piter75> legacy should still stay at 4.4 for rockchip64
<Miouyouyou> The echoes from 3399 seems to be good, according to the forum
<Tonymac32> 3288 can always be moved up unless an upstream bug shows up
<jock> 5.7 has been working fine for me on rk3288, tested it quite a bit with Miouyouyou HDMI patches and the board was happy enough
<IgorPec> rockchip32 bit is not problematic
<IgorPec> it can stay as is
<lanefu> there's the 3399 Ethernet offload issue that just came up
<nekomancer[m]> <lanefu "rock64 is a picky board.. ex: i "> it's a little strange board. I use one for docker images building. And time to time buildinng process breaks with random errors on random places, unreproduceable. Lower hoghest cpu clock to 1000-1200 helps.
<piter75> moving current to 5.7.y is ok with me
<Miouyouyou> There's a problem with touchscreens and 5.x kernels too. I should order one to understand what's going on.
<Miouyouyou> Aaand, there's the Mali T760 500Mhz Operating point which should be restored, since some Chromebooks developpers shotgun'ed it from mainline.
<IgorPec> thats tinkerboard
<Miouyouyou> Yeah
LanDi has joined #armbian
<piter75> at the lower level - I plan to update mainline u-boot to v2020.07 for rockchip64/rk3399 - maybe as soon as monday ;-) - and then switch both Rock64 and RockPro64 to this version
<Miouyouyou> I don't know if that affects other Rockchip boards
<IgorPec> we only have this one that is still 32bit ... and miqi
<piter75> this will make us one step closer to ditching v2017.09 as u-boot
<Miouyouyou> I got NanoPC T4, Orange PI 3399 and 2 Tinkers
<martinayotte> That would be great !
<Miouyouyou> I also have miqi
<ning> I have edge :)
<IgorPec> we can go to 2020.07 with u-boots but after two weeks its testing only ;)
<Tonymac32> We can revisit RK3288 on mainline u-boot
<Miouyouyou> I got a patch to try for the Mali OPP thing : https://forum.armbian.com/topic/13515-panfrost-on-rk3288-and-gpu-on-600mhz-problems/
<IgorPec> things must work well in less then one month from now. So sane plans only :)
<Tonymac32> Tinker was mainline u-boot for some months, there was a change that broke it and we just pinned it. I can test if it's fixed
<IgorPec> rockchip in general we know where to push, 2020.07 u-boot can be also changed, just test well
<IgorPec> tonymac32: with UMS mode?
<Miouyouyou> So, yeah, Touchscreens, Mali 500 and stability checks for Rockchip 32b ?
<IgorPec> that is really nice to have
<Tonymac32> It's been a while, but I believe so. MArk as "will evaulate"
<IgorPec> miyyouyou: no need to fix everything. i hardly judge how much work this represent. do your best
<Miouyouyou> The 500Mhz thing just needs testing... I'll let the TV-boxers do it :3
<IgorPec> I added few Pinebook pro patches
<IgorPec> anyone tried latest builds from DEV trunk?
<Tonymac32> no
* Tonymac32 grabs pbp
<Miouyouyou> The main issue is little touchscreens. I'll try to search for a way to feed EDID to the DRM driver
<IgorPec> pinebookpro could work reasonble better now
<jock> I already did some testing about the 500Mhz, worked pretty well on my side, but can I happily test more
<IgorPec> alright, we have to check Meson and talk about few general stuff
<martinayotte> I've done a 5.7.y build for PinebookPro, it works, but u-boot stay on black screen until kernel take over
<Tonymac32> do we have any RK3288 boardsa that are not 'C' or 'W' in anyone's hands?
<Miouyouyou> Well, test it on boards that proved unstable with 600Mhz OPP.
<IgorPec> we have firmware probem that ning already address it to some way and Bluetooth in generally would be nice to address. both problems are related
<Miouyouyou> Hmm, I have MiQi so I guess it's 'A' ?
<lanefu> what's a C or W? i have a Rock64V2
<Tonymac32> MiQi should be 'W'
<Tonymac32> so it has different Mali/etc
<Miouyouyou> Also, how much letters to they have ?
<IgorPec> ok, Rockchip folks ... give Amlogic some space :)
<Miouyouyou> Alright alright :3
* Tonymac32 is apparently still talking
<IgorPec> yes
<IgorPec> i did few things here as well, mainly porting to 5.7.y
<Tonymac32> 5.7 seems ok, I've very briefly looked at audio, building a 5.7.7 right now
<IgorPec> here is the same question, legacy is now 4.9.y from Odroid
<Tonymac32> Display issues have been unchanged since 4.19 I'm afraid
<lanefu> Need 4.9.y for N2 IMHO
<ning> Amlogic? I have tried patches from Fenix, with their patches, audio OK.
<lanefu> mostly cuz i can make 4k video work on it and not the others
<Tonymac32> ning yeah, I haven't put a lot of time in just yet, I want to clean those patches since we have some that are older than current
<IgorPec> lanefu: EDID seems to be not fully alright. it is happening to me to
<Tonymac32> I'll pull from mainline first, then look at differences
<IgorPec> tonymac32: audio works on all meson faimly?
<IgorPec> c2, c4, n2, khadas?
<ning> I tried on khadas vim.
<Tonymac32> I didn't get any devices on Le Potato (GXL) when I checked, but re-checking
<IgorPec> and anyone had luck to patch C1 together. its possible to bring hdmi up, together with audio. but this is on the exotic side
<Tonymac32> the VIM 1?
<ning> yes
<Tonymac32> ok, GXbb, then I can check mine/C2/K2
<martinayotte> I've upgraded my NanoPiK2 to 5.7.y, Still have issue booting from eMMC without SD
<ning> I have VIM 1/2/3, too busy to use 2/3...
<IgorPec> this would be nice to sort out for 2020.08
<chewitt> I have working audio on all the board/boxes I have .. so there's a solution, even if armbian hasn't figured out the patches yet
<chewitt> (hello btw)
<IgorPec> hi chweitt. thx for your input
<Tonymac32> chewitt time is key, I've put maybe 25 minutes in because of other topics
<Tonymac32> :)
<IgorPec> and i would like to expose that rather 10m extra here, then into Tinkerboard :)
<martinayotte> Yes, "time is always the missing ingredient"
<IgorPec> (c) by Martin
<IgorPec> ok, lets not loose it here
<chewitt> :)
<ning> currently, where we get patches for Amlogic?
<IgorPec> do we have any Marvell people around?
<Tonymac32> we were getting them from Neil
<martinayotte> (c) is already owned by another forum member : MrBurnette from STM32
<Tonymac32> but now they appear to have come from everywhere. :P
<Tonymac32> So the folder just needs a cleaning
<IgorPec> heisath or gprovost
<[TheBug]> Not Marvell person but it may be worth nothing on the page for EBin that to use USB 3.0 superspeed because specs are out you will likely need a powered hub, second I moved to a 5.4.45 kernel recently because of instability in raid driver / crypto driver which cause panic in earlier kernels
<[TheBug]> s/nothing/noting
<ArmbianHelper> [TheBug] meant to say: Not Marvell person but it may be worth noting on the page for EBin that to use USB 3.0 superspeed because specs are out you will likely need a powered hub, second I moved to a 5.4.45 kernel recently because of instability in raid driver / crypto driver which cause panic in earlier kernels
<chewitt> I am mostly tracking whatever isn't highly experimental here https://github.com/chewitt/linux/commits/amlogic-5.7-integ
<IgorPec> i already tried to bump up Ebin but didn't get anywhere
<chewitt> branch that gets rebased more frequently here https://github.com/chewitt/linux/commits/amlogic
<lanefu> I can take a look at ebin if you want. i have a v4 and v5 doing nothing
<IgorPec> i had troubles already to boot 5.4.y which is why i revert all changes ...
<lanefu> moved my buddy to 5.6 on ebin and its been stable
<chewitt> i'd be very happy to collaborate on patches and sending anything that armbian users (and you lot) find upstream
<[TheBug]> IgorPec: Kotc and I have beeen testing kernel builds and the most stable we got ot was 5.4.45 so far
<IgorPec> lanefu: then bump current to 5.6.y or even 5.7. if it works
<[TheBug]> IgorPec: if you want our kernel for any cross reference let me know
<IgorPec> aha, then 5.4.y
<IgorPec> the problem is that i could not patch build system to work with 5.4.y .. dunno why. i stopped
<IgorPec> if you get it working, welcome to push it up
<lanefu> IgorPec: move ebin current to 5.6? or move all mvebu64-current to 5.6?
<IgorPec> mvebu64 is jusr ebin ?
<[TheBug]> IgorPec: kotc has the sources I will ask him to consider doing so
<IgorPec> stop
<IgorPec> let's close board specifics
<IgorPec> otherwise we will run out of time
<[TheBug]> k
<IgorPec> we have firmware issue
<IgorPec> ning
<ning> do you mean my suggestion?
<IgorPec> yes
<IgorPec> can you sum up in short
<IgorPec> the whole idea of solving firmware issues (for good)
dddddd has quit [Ping timeout: 264 seconds]
<ning> .. 我的想法是根据家族分开编译固件
<ArmbianHelper> My idea is to compile the firmware separately according to the family [zh-CN~>eng]
<IgorPec> we have same firmware filename, but different chip and wireless / BT doesn't work
<ning> and according to branch: current/dev.
<ning> thus we can have much smaller packages
<IgorPec> i think we have this problem on Orange Pi3
<IgorPec> yes, that's also good ... the downside is that we need to RFC the system, do more testing, etc. give firmware better organisation
<ning> but it requires family owener to contibute the rule to build package.
<jock> just family or board specific?
<IgorPec> exactly. we need to do this together. the question is - do we hava any better alternative and when to start with this?
<ning> because the family owners know which firmwares are used.
<IgorPec> it should be prepared that its board specific if its needed. we can't trust hw design people that much :)
<lanefu> firmware change sounds like great goal for v20.11
<IgorPec> +1
<piter75> +1
<lanefu> and we'll be able to start on it first thing, so plenty of leady time
<IgorPec> agree, this is just avarness about the problem and that ning already done something to support this
<ning> if you want to release so many firmware packages, good to break down to board.
<chewitt> VIM1 basic has this problem too .. chip IDs as the wrong broadcom device and there are other devices using the other (correct) ID
<IgorPec> if anyone have a time, check it and comment
<lanefu> yeah glad ning has been trying to solve this
<IgorPec> i would say its half done, so it needs to be finished, but then everyone has to contribute litle board specific know-how
<IgorPec> ok, next
<chewitt> LE solution was the rename both firmware, detect the board compatible at boot-time and use this to symlink the appropriate firmware
<IgorPec> [thebug] and story about tvboxes
<[TheBug]> Hehe :)
<IgorPec> is it possible to sum it up in a few minutes what is about
<[TheBug]> Well I am trying to gage interest in community help for TV Boxes, some of you here have probably heard from me -- because of personal issues I have fallen behind catching up again -- but we are trying to understand what the level of support should be from Armbian.
<[TheBug]> So far there are about 6-7 people who have expressed an interest in helping either in part time or even all in
<[TheBug]> but the all in people would be those who are already here mostly or those we know of like balbes150
<lanefu> does this just mean support some TVboxes like we support SBCs, or is this more around the unified images that bables150 makes?
<[TheBug]> A lot of people are happy to help when they have time -- but the concern is finding a way to easily communicate about status of stuff and organize that work in a way people can contribute
<IgorPec> its like defining this invisible line, where supports starts and ends
<Miouyouyou> And that's how #armbian-tv was born
<chewitt> support anything that has an upstream device-tree .. and ensure people who want to support boxes upstream the stuff they work on
<IgorPec> users have to understand the difference - tvboxes are more hacking things together, while we tries to go development path
<lanefu> yeh defining is critical.. i feel like TVBox user base is different... I feel like they're used to just downloading besoke Android images onto a device and just expecting it to work
<IgorPec> so this initiaive is to find out what those people, the protagonists of tvboxes would like. and to find out what we as Armbian can contribute
<[TheBug]> IgorPec: to your comment about saving bandwitdh in the Jira topic -- is storage / bandwidth for those images a burden, would it be good to have some time of push for donations or would providing some other options for sharing the files a possibility?
<IgorPec> yes, its different base defenetly. but its here and we have to do something about
<lanefu> So I'll refer to this: https://docs.armbian.com/#what-is-armbian
drobo_00 has joined #armbian
<lanefu> "Armbian is a base operating system platform for single board computers (SBCs) that other projects can trust to build upon."
<lanefu> so that should be the purpose of Armbian TVBox images...
<IgorPec> is this project "others" or is it a part?
<IgorPec> Armbian tvboxes started here, by community
<IgorPec> essenntially
<IgorPec> and my idea is to give them autonomoy and support
<lanefu> ohh gotcha
<IgorPec> like those are community creations
<IgorPec> like there are many forum topics with ideas and guides
<lanefu> yeah its taking over the forum IMHO
<Miouyouyou> So, it's a community supported project
<[TheBug]> its how a lot of people can afford an entry level SBC so makes sense, or come in contact with one..
<IgorPec> made by community and i don't understand them all, nor support. current relationship is blurred and there is quite some people asking me for supprting "Gearbnoix 200RT"
<Miouyouyou> No professional support at the moment
<lanefu> Do we view TVBoxes different than "CSC" Armbian SBCs?
<IgorPec> ok- this problematic is large which is why I asked [thebug] to research the topic and he plan to make some summary on the forum, when time is arligh
<[TheBug]> Yeah I intend to have more discussions on it for sure
<IgorPec> lanefu: we have to communicate this better / propery. It matters how users sees this
<[TheBug]> to see what the engagement level is
<lanefu> yeah my last little thought.. maybe the device is branding Armbian, and "Armbian-CSC"
<Miouyouyou> Well, a specific sub-forum + a specific chat-channel could help bring TV-Boxers together
<[TheBug]> Miouyouyou: I agree that could help
<lanefu> s/device/divide
<ArmbianHelper> lanefu meant to say: yeah my last little thought.. maybe the divide is branding Armbian, and "Armbian-CSC"
<martinayotte> Even balbes150 answered "unsupported" few times since he didn't have identical HW
<IgorPec> lanefu: we are not sure which way would be the best. there are few ideas
<ning> why don't ask balbes150 jion?
<[TheBug]> maybe also we could try some donation campaign and promote those who want TV support to vote with their wallet
DaRock has quit [Ping timeout: 246 seconds]
<IgorPec> and atm i only wanted to present you few excerpts. ning: we have asked him
<[TheBug]> and if we can make a certain amount, try supporting those things more
<chewitt> LE experience is that users don't distinguish between an official release and a community release .. everything is "LE"
<IgorPec> last time he said he don't understand enghlish good enough
<[TheBug]> He has a translator that helps him that needs to be available
<IgorPec> and he also pushed reponsibility back to me
<ning> this is a gap..
<IgorPec> let's stop with this topic
<[TheBug]> k
<IgorPec> we are 8m over :) and I have to buy a few more before we are off
<lanefu> :P
<[TheBug]> I al always available to chat on that topic in case anyone wants to outside this meeting. Sorry for interupting, I am done now :)
<ArmbianHelper> AR-284 [Task] "Discuss if there is a cleaner way to install Chromium" reported by Werner at 2020-05-26. Status: To Do
<[TheBug]> s/al/am
<ArmbianHelper> [TheBug] meant to say: I am always available to chat on that topic in case anyone wants to outside this meeting. Sorry for interupting, I am done now :)
<martinayotte> (my 2nd cups is empty ...)
<ning> do we have more topic?
<Werner> feel you martinayotte
<IgorPec> desktop and multimedia. can we do something about desktop?
<Miouyouyou> Dum dum duuum
<ning> mainline mesa for desktop?
<Werner> Not sure if it is worth to argue about the chromium issue further until there is a "desktop ceo"
<Miouyouyou> Maybe integrate the Panfrost mesa drivers into the main package (if that's not already done)
<IgorPec> ning: just deskop stuiff, and few small things
<IgorPec> we need some desktop development
<IgorPec> better organisation
<IgorPec> we don't do much here
<Werner> Miouyouyou, theoretically there are with oibaf ppa but they do not work for me at least. I install them from source.
<Miouyouyou> Changing the DE is tricky. I tried to ask some people to test wayland on RK3288 and, the only thing I got was "I can't start it", so... tricky
<Miouyouyou> @Werner Yeah, me too. Maybe we should check with him
<IgorPec> adding DE
<ning> I build mesa my self, and I have personal repo
<IgorPec> ning: how much work is to integrate that up?
<IgorPec> is it the right way?
<xwigg> why wayland? even ubuntu 20.04 doesn't start it by default
<ning> I just rebuild mesa every two weeks.
<Miouyouyou> Because if you push Gnome, it might try to use wayland by default
<martinayotte> maybe with a new option "desktop-plus" ?
<ning> not very much work. and I have upload build rules to github
<IgorPec> absolutely. anything we do with a desktop from here is adding
<IgorPec> not changing
<IgorPec> so it can be fragile for months from this point
<Miouyouyou> I fear the "standard update" pushing wayland on everyone's computer "because it's better for you"
<lanefu> yeah Desktop CEO can choose roadmap to wayland
<ning> Wayland on RK3399 work fine.
<IgorPec> desktop CEO ... any voolonteer??
* lanefu sits on both hands
<_5kft_> I don't use GUIs :-)
<Miouyouyou> What's the task ? Providing a beautiful desktop experience ?
<IgorPec> we need a person to push/propose/leads things related to a desktop
<lanefu> Miouyouyou: core armbian development live in a headless world.. so yeah pretty much direct the whole experience. identify needs, testing etc
<lanefu> s/development/development team/
<ArmbianHelper> lanefu meant to say: Miouyouyou: core armbian development team live in a headless world.. so yeah pretty much direct the whole experience. identify needs, testing etc
<Miouyouyou> Thank you ArmbianHelper (IRC)
<IgorPec> the task is mainly organising things - so you have to understand basic principles and needs
<Miouyouyou> So, basically, a desktop experience that doesn't suck on first launch
<xwigg> mate is alright
<IgorPec> it can suck for 100 days, but then it must work pitch perfect :)
mik_ has joined #armbian
<ArmbianHelper> AR-200 [Story] "Improving Desktop images" reported by Igor Pecovnik at 2020-04-04. Status: To Do
* IgorPec supports myy :)
<Miouyouyou> Isn't going away from XFCE a bit risky though ? Perfomance wise ? I mean, for boards equivalent to RK3399 alright
<IgorPec> we don't give XFCE
<IgorPec> that one stays
<martinayotte> Yes ! 2 kind of desktop
<ning> mate for me.
<IgorPec> we are adding second DE
<lanefu> yeh i convert mine to mate :P
<Miouyouyou> Alright, I'll check what kind of desktop can run on low-ends and high-ends at least.
<IgorPec> we can have as many we can afford to maintain
<lanefu> Miouyouyou: so are you accepting nomination as Desktop CEO?
<martinayotte> :-)
<Miouyouyou> Dum dum duuuum... Alright I accept the nomination
<IgorPec> yeah +1
<martinayotte> Congrat !
<Werner> From all Desktop CEOs Armbian ever had you are the first. Congratulations :)
<lanefu> +1
* lanefu pulls confetti out of hair.. pops balloons
<martinayotte> :-)
<IgorPec> ok
<Miouyouyou> Yay !
<ArmbianHelper> AR-318 [Task] "Upgrade Odroid XU4 legacy kernel" reported by Igor Pecovnik at 2020-06-19. Status: Done
<lanefu> Also It's badass that our Desktop CEO is a cat
<IgorPec> lets focus on to-do list ... anything needs special attention
<Miouyouyou> Meow
<ning> move to next?
<IgorPec> we are almost donme
<IgorPec> done
<IgorPec> after the meeting, welcome to check https://github.com/armbian/build/issues
<ning> should we talk something about one kernel?
<IgorPec> thanks to Lanefu for doing this last week
<lanefu> not sure when / if we want to discuss.... want to make sure we have ane easy way to let community test our RC images and report
<IgorPec> 00:55 - 00:56 Discuss (last 10-15) board status update on download pages and build engine (wip, supported, eol) https://www.armbian.com/download/
<IgorPec> 00:56 - 00:57 Choose upcoming release officer and next meeting organiser (1 or 2 roles). We need someone that is not well acquiented with the process to see if our documentation is good enough. He will get full support / backup, so no need to worry about anything.
<ning> just an open topic, rise it to maintainer to think...
<IgorPec> 00:57 - misc / open discussion
<IgorPec> this is from me, this is still open ... so
<IgorPec> speak up
<ning> it's done
<xwigg> generate default locale en timezone at first boot??
<IgorPec> yes, that's a good idea
<IgorPec> and i think we have similar jiraa
fabiobassa has quit [Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.93 [Firefox 52.9.0/20180621064021]]
<lanefu> another thing about release
<xwigg> ok, will take a look at it this week, won't be much work
<ArmbianHelper> AR-45 [Story] "Make first login more user friendly" reported by Igor Pecovnik at 2019-11-15. Status: To Do
<IgorPec> wxigg: if you have experiences doing this, welcome to pick that up
<lanefu> I really want to make sure we can actually maintain release after its released.. and properly cherry-pick hot-fixes and update versions
<IgorPec> its nothing hard
<Miouyouyou> Like a graphical version of the "What's your password, what's your name, what's your credit card number ?" first run ?
<xwigg> mno, slang ui
<IgorPec> miou: something like that, yeah .. without credit card
<IgorPec> like the jira says
<Miouyouyou> ooooh :C
<IgorPec> lanefu: this is a bit difficult atm
<xwigg> needs to be ssh compatible ;)
<lanefu> IgorPec: it's not _that_ difficult.. i can help
<Miouyouyou> The current one is SSH compatible, IIRC.
<Miouyouyou> And serial console compatible
<IgorPec> lanefu: propose what to do
<IgorPec> mio: yes, this one is rock solid
<Miouyouyou> I'm pretty sure that the only people who'll encounter problems are the ones expecting a X11/Wayland boot up with a UI.
<ning> recently I don't have much contibute to armbian, becuase I'm thinking below thing. 1, native kernel build for all SBC, 2, native build u-boot, 3 installer image (suspended, almost give up)
<IgorPec> 1st login in desktop UI ?
<Miouyouyou> The others already have a pretty much standard "friendly" script. The only issue being "Type your password again" that generates some confusion
<lanefu> IgorPec: just merge fixes into branch like I did :) we need to just spend a little more time on your new build all-jobs..
<IgorPec> ning: ahaa, native kernel build
<IgorPec> i think we only need to port/padck kernel packing part
<Miouyouyou> More like 1st login on some ncurses UI maybe, with all the questions asked ?
<IgorPec> the rest works
<ning> yes, native kernel build on chroot + arm64
<IgorPec> ning: not on native arm64 hw?*
<lanefu> +1 for native build... another awesome goal for v20.11
<xwigg> kitty; yes, old skool debian
<ning> i7 4790K CPU + 32G memory, need 6h build time.
<IgorPec> ning: to build what?
<Tonymac32> ning for build all?
<ning> no such powerful arm machine
<Miouyouyou> Yeah. You never know how the graphics card will react on some boards. And it's a good way to ask which subsystem they want too (some people might not want any desktop at all)
<IgorPec> mio: ok, then better textual 1st login
<Tonymac32> I want i3 :P
* xwigg hungry, gotta run
<Miouyouyou> Yeah :3 Something like the armbian-helper but with first login matters in mind.
<lanefu> Tonymac32: i3 users would only start from debian-minimal
<IgorPec> it doesn't need to be grephical ... just that user select langugage etc
<Tonymac32> I agree with text login for 1st
<lanefu> so update firstlogin to Ncurses/dialog?
<Miouyouyou> Something like that. While keeping support for the first login on SSH/serial console
<IgorPec> text login and better UX. ncurses ... IDK. is that safe enough for terminal?
ning has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
<IgorPec> UX improvement is here 1st. IDK so much about the fancines
ning_ has joined #armbian
piter75 has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
<jock> ncurses will likely make serials go nuts
<Miouyouyou> Pure text on SSH/serial console (for better scripting purposes). Graphical on the main screen.
ubuntu has joined #armbian
<IgorPec> ok, then improving current (TZ) and build fanciery for tty1
<Miouyouyou> Some SSH users might try to fire all the responses in one go, when dealing with 1000 boards, so ncurses through SSH will be a no-go.
ubuntu is now known as Guest10982
<Guest10982> I'm Ning, network issue
<Miouyouyou> Yeah
<Guest10982> just compile kernel. 6h
<Miouyouyou> Ning Returns !
<IgorPec> ??? 6h
<Guest10982> and why chroot, due to no such poweful arm deivce.
<Tonymac32> my 3770 does kernel in minutes
<Miouyouyou> Just for info, Github has ARM instances, if you want to try "building a kernel on ARM boards"
<IgorPec> now i don't understand what you mean. i can compile all kernels in 6h
<Tonymac32> 16 GB RAM. I think there is I/O issue
<Miouyouyou> Without frying one.
piter75 has joined #armbian
<lanefu> Ning you might want to beat up that person who sold you that i7
<[TheBug]> would sounds like not using multi-thread or something to me if 6 hour on an i7?
<IgorPec> something is clearly not alrigh
<lanefu> iAtom
<Guest10982> use chroot + arm64, has interest thing, you can directly use vendor binary tools in arm64, without qemu.
<Miouyouyou> I think he was talking about compiling a kernel on arm machines
<IgorPec> me too.
<Miouyouyou> Or was it a kernel compilation through qemu on Intel machines ?
<martinayotte> :-P
<Guest10982> build kernel throu qemu on Intel machine
<Miouyouyou> Aaaah
<lanefu> ahh
<Miouyouyou> Never tried that one.
<IgorPec> that's slow
<Miouyouyou> But yeah, you're stuck with single-core in that case.
<IgorPec> yeah, we do that for packages
<IgorPec> single core, sucks
<Guest10982> unless you have arm server, yuo can't buld kernel on arm
<lanefu> btw did we answer: 00:56 - 00:57 Choose upcoming release officer and next meeting organiser (1 or 2 roles).
<Miouyouyou> + machine code translation
<IgorPec> stop stop :)
<IgorPec> release officier and meeting planner. any soul for this nice job?
<IgorPec> naked girls are included :)
<lanefu> (uppon succesful release)
<IgorPec> ofc
<IgorPec> we need to test documentation
<IgorPec> I will be absent quite some time and will be difficult for me to coordinate
<Miouyouyou> Ansible documentation
<lanefu> I'll be around to help
<IgorPec> lanefu already did that once ...
<IgorPec> so yeah
<Miouyouyou> And now he has flashbacks
<IgorPec> :) hehe
<Miouyouyou> "The users yelling"
<IgorPec> "naked girls" :)
<Miouyouyou> All kinds of flashbacks
ning_ has quit [Quit: Lost terminal]
<IgorPec> alright, thank you Lane for help. I will be assiting as much as possible
<lanefu> anyway i can help with the release stuff. and build / host RC images
<Tonymac32> Aha-ha! Meson64 sound, on bump to 5.7 all the board-specific device tree patches got deleted adding the audio nodes. :P
<IgorPec> for running meetings. Anyone has some more experiences with it?
<lanefu> haha okay did I just get volunteered to do release?
* lanefu looks at Werner due to his natural gift of diplomacy
<IgorPec> yes, running the meeting is a part, but this can also be done by anyone. its a nice pratice
<IgorPec> werner: meeting master?:)
<Werner> My what? ^^
<Werner> Never coordinated any meetings :P
<lanefu> you pre-coordianted meeting
<IgorPec> basically is trying to run this script https://docs.armbian.com/Process_Release-Model/#release-planning
<IgorPec> and improve / adjust prior to meeting. And next time you don't need to reming anyone :)
<IgorPec> remind
<Miouyouyou> It's called a surprise meeting
<Werner> Welp I guess I have no choice here ... ^^
<IgorPec> +1
* Werner adds beer to the shopping list
<lanefu> haha
<lanefu> thank you for your service
<martinayotte> Yes ! Beer ! (since my 2nd cup is empty) :-P
<Werner> Thank me after the next meeting was a total disaster :P
<Guest10982> do you know each other offline?
<IgorPec> Marting: didn't you just wake up :) ?
<Miouyouyou> "Think about the poor empty cups lying around..."
<martinayotte> IgorPec: it is almost noon ! ;-P
<IgorPec> ning: don't understand
<IgorPec> aha, noon is alright
<Miouyouyou> I met a few of them once, that's it
<Guest10982> that's my answer.
<lanefu> okay... so I'm release coordinator... Werner is meeting person.. Igor is Igor.
<martinayotte> IgorPec, light one, like berlinerweiss !
<lanefu> Lets pick a freeze date
<IgorPec> ning: yes. I met Miu
<Werner> lanefu, Good to have an Igor in the team.
<IgorPec> but we plan to meet in Salburg. That task is also on Werner :)
<lanefu> man i neeed to goto europe and meet you all sometime
<Werner> Haha, yeah
<Miouyouyou> Werner is now the Plan Master
<lanefu> and travel agent
<IgorPec> yeah, he didn't know that yet, but yes, he is :)
<Miouyouyou> Werner Travels
<martinayotte> Salzbug ? I've been there 10 years ago
<IgorPec> lol
<IgorPec> I have been there last yeart
<Werner> Thank you for flying Werner Enterprises :P
<[TheBug]> ;)
<Werner> I have to admit I've never been there even though I have relatives pretty close to the border to Austria and Salburg
<martinayotte> They have delicious Mozart chocolate
<IgorPec> which is everywhere
<IgorPec> we actually went to the castle and zoo
<IgorPec> and i got two speeding tickets from the town :)
<Werner> lol
<IgorPec> its a card distance from me
<Miouyouyou> Aaah, fines and tickets, the best items for tourists
<IgorPec> for
<lanefu> "STOP STOP" :)
<lanefu> ..freeze date?
<ArmbianHelper> freeze date? [en~>eng]
<IgorPec> 15th?
<Miouyouyou> ..date congelée ?
<ArmbianHelper> frozen date? [fr~>eng]
<IgorPec> 20th latest
<lanefu> July 18th.. is a saturday and 2 weeks from now
<lanefu> hows that
<martinayotte> +1
<lanefu> okay
<piter75> +1
<Werner> Anyway I need to get moving to the grocery store. Later
<lanefu> So 2 weeks left for Enhacements/features
<lanefu> after that.. stability, bugfixes only until release
<IgorPec> +1
<martinayotte> +1
<lanefu> any tiny quest.. please try to self-assign adn move tickets into progress on jira
<IgorPec> Werner see ya later
<lanefu> if someeone outside is working on it, maybe sign to yourself as a liason
<lanefu> s/sign/assign
<ArmbianHelper> lanefu meant to say: if someeone outside is working on it, maybe assign to yourself as a liason
<lanefu> bye Werner !
<Miouyouyou> So you want another IRC meeting in two weeks ?
<Miouyouyou> See you Werner
<Guest10982> need to drop, too late, 1 min to tomorrow..
<IgorPec> no, just a date when we should only fix bugs
<Guest10982> bye ...
<lanefu> Miouyouyou: shuoldnt be neeeded.. basically at that point.. we createa branch from Master called v20.08-RC
<Miouyouyou> Ah
<IgorPec> ning: thanks for comming
<IgorPec> bye
Guest10982 has quit [Quit: Lost terminal]
<Miouyouyou> Good bye ning
<lanefu> and then RC images are produced form that branch, and all fixes goto that branch
<piter75> gtg too
<_5kft_> unfortunately I have to drop as well, it's been great "seeing" you all!
<piter75> have a nice days, afternoons and nights in your locations ;-)
<martinayotte> cheers !
<_5kft_> :)
_5kft_ has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
<lanefu> IgorPec: this was a nice meeting. went well. thanks for running it
<Miouyouyou> Ow, ok, that kind of freeze date
<[TheBug]> :)
piter75 has left #armbian [#armbian]
<Miouyouyou> Good bye 5kft
<IgorPec> lanefu: tnx, it has been my pleasure
<Miouyouyou> Now I know that Riot has markdown support integrated
<Miouyouyou> That's an interesting feature
<Miouyouyou> So basically everyone is running away
<lanefu> IgorPec: i'm going to update top of releasing planning thread, unless we should start a fresh one
<lanefu> Miouyouyou: they're running away before they got volunteered for something
<Miouyouyou> I don't understand that reference
<lanefu> ha... Werner and I were really assigned roles rathere than volunteering... we were "volun-told"
<lanefu> so i'm saying others left before the same happeneed to them
<IgorPec> lanefu: for 20.11?
<IgorPec> open a new one IMO
<lanefu> for v20.08
<IgorPec> just update
<Miouyouyou> Yeah, that's what I understood :3
<IgorPec> mio: we don't have more responsibilities
<Miouyouyou> "For the moment"
<IgorPec> yes :)
<Miouyouyou> :3
<Miouyouyou> Well, time to attack the fridge
<IgorPec> i hate my fridge
<[TheBug]> Yeah time for some lunch here, have a good day all :)
<IgorPec> it broke down two days ago :(
<jock> good lunch :)
<[TheBug]> I will be back in a bit, feel free to PM if you want to chat, thanks :)
<Miouyouyou> Ooooh
<IgorPec> yeah, totally sucks
<Miouyouyou> I would suggest to move to Siberia for the meantime, but I heard temps were up to 38°C a while ago
<Miouyouyou> So... simple fridge + separate freezer ?
<Miouyouyou> See you TheBug
<IgorPec> a big american style family fridge
<IgorPec> dead
<Miouyouyou> 300L of food to eat in 48H
<IgorPec> the main problem is that currently its hard to find fridge debugger and its under warranty
<[TheBug]> it making any specific noise?
<IgorPec> haha, no, luckily it was almost empty due to my laziness to stock it
<IgorPec> it does make no noise
<[TheBug]> hmm so not compressor related?
<IgorPec> most likely. strange things is that there is no error on the display
<Miouyouyou> Ah, yeah, warranties are nice... when there's people to keep up that warrant.
<[TheBug]> is it just not cooling?
<IgorPec> yes, just the main function is off :)
<[TheBug]> hm
<IgorPec> light and the display works
<Miouyouyou> But at least you got a free LCD screen !
<[TheBug]> probably a power board failure in some way
<[TheBug]> if its a newer machine they are pain in the ass to take apart
<IgorPec> its only 1Y old
<[TheBug]> so I can understand wanting a technician
<[TheBug]> probably bad caps or something on one of the boards
<lanefu> LG?
<IgorPec> no, its Beco
<IgorPec> turkish i think
<lanefu> haha
<IgorPec> not very fancy
<lanefu> yeah we don't have Turkish fridges... just "American" and Korean mostly... and german at high-end placees
<[TheBug]> I take it searching for your issue in Google doesn't provide any clues?
<IgorPec> something like this
<IgorPec> not sure if its the same
<IgorPec> i tried those few common tricks, nothing
<IgorPec> i power it off for a day
<[TheBug]> I mean depending on your electronics skills I would think you should at least be able to remove the back and find the boards and do an overview of caps and see if you have any bad one
<[TheBug]> that would be my first thought if functions not working
<[TheBug]> past that see if any other weird black marks or similar indicating a failure
<[TheBug]> but again, taking them apart sucks :X
<IgorPec> do i loose warranty if i diy?
<[TheBug]> well
<IgorPec> that's my main concern.
<Miouyouyou> Then replace the CPU with a Rockchip 3288
<IgorPec> haha
<jock> Mmhh,but a bad cap after just one year?
<[TheBug]> In the USA, no it wouldn't break your warranty because of laws here, where you are I am not sure
<[TheBug]> depends on heat, got too hot blew caps is possible , not saying it is 100%
<IgorPec> faulty cap is unlikely ... yeah
<[TheBug]> why I said open and take a look
Dr{Who} has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
<IgorPec> will do tomorrow, we just got used to dine out :)
<[TheBug]> :)
<lanefu> yaeh at least open the access panel in back. i've been surprised taking apart my washer adn dryer.and seeing actual service information adn schematics inside
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
<lanefu> inclding how to trigger diagonostic mode
<[TheBug]> yeah it is possible if you have a good manufaturer they have the schematics in it
<[TheBug]> that would be awesome
<[TheBug]> makes it a lot easier to figure out
<jock> that would be cool :)
<IgorPec> sure, but i doubt that is easy to obtain
<jock> Do it yourself!
<Miouyouyou> "If that's your first day on the job, scan this QRCode for a tutorial on how to become a professional technician for our company !"
<IgorPec> haha
<[TheBug]> yeah things are not like they used to be -- old washer/dryer/dish washer and refridge back in the day used to always come with schematics, sadly newer onces not the case all the time
<IgorPec> i think i will have to wait for service clerk ... not much time this week
<IgorPec> next week we do some vacations
<[TheBug]> yeah its something easy to bury your self in I know that from experience
<[TheBug]> why I said most prefer paying a service rep instead
<Miouyouyou> So it's Rice, Pasta and Restaurant for a week ?
<IgorPec> its free
<lanefu> Igor is a busy man. he "has people" for petty things like ethis
<lanefu> s/ethis/this
<ArmbianHelper> lanefu meant to say: Igor is a busy man. he "has people" for petty things like this
<IgorPec> i will not pay anything
<[TheBug]> they yeah I see not real motivation for you not to wait for the service rep then
<[TheBug]> s/they/then
<ArmbianHelper> [TheBug] meant to say: then yeah I see not real motivation for you not to wait for the service rep then
<Miouyouyou> s/yeah/yeaaah
<ArmbianHelper> Miouyouyou thinks [TheBug] meant to say: they yeaaah I see not real motivation for you not to wait for the service rep then
<IgorPec> i usually take stuff aparat, but here ... its family equpment
<IgorPec> :)
<Miouyouyou> It works
<lanefu> IgorPec: mvebu64 is just e-bin and doubleshot..so yeah i'll work on getting -current to 5.6. cool?
<IgorPec> i risk beeing assasinated by my wife :)
<IgorPec> lanefu: yeah. doubleshot is probably not in the current
<lanefu> does anybody have a doubleshot?
<IgorPec> but if it is, we have no boards, its csc
<lanefu> yeah.. de-supported
<Miouyouyou> double shotgun ? No
<[TheBug]> lanefu: question regarding EBin for you maybe -- I don't suppose you have any interest in looking in to bugs in drivers do you, like for marvell_cesa and raid5 xor/aor calulations -- there is fro sure bugs there I could report as I see. Even when working you will get a tainted kernel mesage
<[TheBug]> [15343.476482] ------------[ cut here ]------------
<[TheBug]> [15343.476499] async_xor: no space for dma address conversion
<[TheBug]> [15343.476570] WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 348 at async_xor+0x47c/0x490
<[TheBug]> [15343.476614] CPU: 1 PID: 348 Comm: md0_raid5 Not tainted 5.4.45 #3
<[TheBug]> [15343.476574] Modules linked in: marvell_cesa libdes tag_edsa xhci_plat_hcd mv88e6xxx dsa_core xhci_hcd zram bridge stp llc nfsd
<[TheBug]> [15343.476617] Hardware name: Globalscale Marvell ESPRESSOBin Board (DT)
<IgorPec> ok, i have to go
<IgorPec> orders from high commaand - take kids to icecream
<IgorPec> :)
<Miouyouyou> See you IgorPec
<[TheBug]> :)
<[TheBug]> Have a good night
<jock> good evening!
<IgorPec> and i'll get a beer :) thank you all . see you around
<lanefu> [TheBug]: well mostly i'd say try a nightly dev kernel on it
<[TheBug]> lanefu: if so just let me know. Also I asked my buddy who I have been testing kernels with to possibly get Igor his sources if he can to help with 5.4.45 so
<lanefu> is there a reason to use 5.4 and not goto 5.6?
<[TheBug]> lanefu: these issues have existed since origina 4.4.8 kernel and have never been fixed in kernel most likely because not being used for that case or not under high enough io load to cause errors or not using the same combo (using the crypto driver provided by marvell) -- I can not initialize the crypto driver in 5.4.45 and I don't think I will get that same error so it has to do with the code for that crypto driver and some bug
<[TheBug]> lanefu: this is just what I have been able to get stable so far in testing
<[TheBug]> our next was 5.6 but wanted to give 5.4 burn in to see first
<[TheBug]> cause we tried earlier versions with a lot lot more issue
<lanefu> [TheBug]: gotcha...oh.. i'm wonderin gi fhtere is cesa for 5.6
<lanefu> are you using crypto driveer for LUKS or for like IPSEC or TLS?
<[TheBug]> um actually
<[TheBug]> EBin is neat in the fact
<[TheBug]> if you check they have a specific crypto engine on board for aor/xor calculations which is
<[TheBug]> marvell_cesa
<lanefu> gotcha
<[TheBug]> its not same as crypto driver for AES at least not that I understand
<lanefu> hmm well i donokay.. id ont see cesa on my 5.6 build good to know
<lanefu> but.. sounds like it sucks anyway :)
<[TheBug]> hehe
<[TheBug]> well it does provide performance gain
<[TheBug]> but is buggy
<[TheBug]> and I have NOT
<[TheBug]> verified that in new kernel version raid reshape is fixed
<[TheBug]> I didn't get a chance to test
<[TheBug]> but I know it was broken really bad in origina 4.4.8 kernel
<lanefu> like going raid5-6?
<[TheBug]> to the point it causes issue with kswapd
<[TheBug]> yeah raid5 reshape to add additional drive
<lanefu> gotcha
<[TheBug]> so in my case was trying to grow raid by 1 driver
<[TheBug]> d/driver/drive
<lanefu> okay.. 3-4
<[TheBug]> s/driver/drive
<ArmbianHelper> [TheBug] meant to say: d/drive/drive
<[TheBug]> lol
<[TheBug]> yeah I was going from 4 drives to 5
<[TheBug]> EBin works great with 4port sata card in mPCIE
<lanefu> yeah i've got one of those
<lanefu> and a 2 port
<lanefu> but probably really mispatched IO performance between the sata card drives adn teh onboard
<[TheBug]> yep
<[TheBug]> possible
<lanefu> its only 2.5Gps for the entire sata card
<lanefu> wheree as thee onboard port has what. 3?
<[TheBug]> hmm
<lanefu> yeah thats the super shitty thing
<lanefu> the pciex got like the small serdes lane.. so its only 2.5... where as usb 3.0 i think actually has 5Gbps to the SoC
<[TheBug]> yeah you do see some IO performance drop as you add more drives, but really when you consider most clients (in my use case) won't exceed 50M/sec it isn't a huge thing for my use case
<lanefu> everybody saw that board adn thought "finally a nas" but really that pci slot was for wifi
<[TheBug]> though your right, could explain the bottleneck and issues with raid driver possibly
<[TheBug]> well I have 3 of them in production for that use case
<[TheBug]> so it isn't awful
<[TheBug]> its just .... buggy
<lanefu> yeah
<lanefu> even my helios4 on the 32bit marvell gets a little noisey in dmesg
<lanefu> and kobol folks work pretty hard to keep that patched
<[TheBug]> what I don't like about EBin is how much actually seems to have changed between the versions without any real documentation
Dr{Who} has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
<[TheBug]> I actually think the most stable boards they produced were v5 while v7 is 'faster', on same kernels as v5 was not stable
<lanefu> Pine64 folks are pretty notorious for that
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
<[TheBug]> too bad my v4 board had the SPI fry on it
<lanefu> yaeh i have a v4 board from kickstarter.. so it was hard for me to tell if it was beetter or not
<[TheBug]> it was a good little board too till it starts getting the yips
<lanefu> i have a v4 and v5 now.. i was gonna build a nas for bro-in-law iwth the v5, but i got scared
<jock> Have to bring my body outside for some fresh air. Thanks for the meeting, I was mostly silently attending, but I hope to actively contribute later in time. Have nice afternoon/evening/night!
<[TheBug]> I tried to replace the SPI but I think something happened to the controller or something
<lanefu> jock: thans for hanging out! its easy to cntribute ping me or anyone if you eer have questions
<[TheBug]> jock: thanks for coming and I look forward to reaching out to you and chewitt and some others her soon about TVBox stuff, so be looking out :)
<[TheBug]> s/her/here
<ArmbianHelper> [TheBug] meant to say: jock: thanks for coming and I look forward to reaching out to you and chewitt and some otheres her soon about TVBox stuff, so be looking out :)
<[TheBug]> LOL at that replace..
<jock> lanefu: yes of course, I will surely be around this IRC channel now that I know it exists :)
<lanefu> s/ her /here/g
<ArmbianHelper> lanefu thinks [TheBug] meant to say: jock: thanks for coming and I look forward to reaching out to you and chewitt and some othersheresoon about TVBox stuff, so be looking out :)
<jock> [TheBug]: yeah of course, looking forward for that!
<jock> bye!
<lanefu> .. adios
<ArmbianHelper> bye [es~>eng]
<[TheBug]> Cio
<[TheBug]> .. Cio
<ArmbianHelper> IOC [it~>eng]
<[TheBug]> lol
<[TheBug]> okay time for some food
<jock> eheheh :)
<lanefu> yeah i shuold able in sunlight
jock has quit [Quit: Leaving]
<lanefu> s/able/dabble/
<ArmbianHelper> lanefu meant to say: yeah i shuold dabble in sunlight
<[TheBug]> lanefu: v5 for me with the original 4.4.8 kernel has been super stable FYI, though I can't really give goot uptimes as I had power issues this week and had to restart them all but, I had several months uptime no issue on my two v5 boards before that
<[TheBug]> s/goot/good
<ArmbianHelper> [TheBug] meant to say: lanefu: v5 for me with the original 4.4.8 kernel has been super stable FYI, though I can't really give good uptimes as I had power issues this week and had to restart them all but, I had several months uptime no issue on my two v5 boards before that
<[TheBug]> 4.4.8-armada-17.02.1 #5 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 13 23:31:01 UTC 2017
<[TheBug]> though side note
<[TheBug]> if you try 4.4.8 you have to manually patch kernel for the sata card to work if I recall.. so there is some fun with that
<[TheBug]> im sure though what you will want is 5.4.45 or newer really
<[TheBug]> as said 5.4.45 seems to be stable now at least 13 days
<[TheBug]> 5.4.45 #3 SMP Sat Jun 20 12:30:17 CEST 2020
<[TheBug]> 16:47:48 up 13 days, 21:47, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
<[TheBug]> but that is also on v7
<[TheBug]> okay afk for real this time, bbiab
Dr{Who} has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
<ArmbianTwitter> @DieZuckerbude (Ben Zucker 🍰): I said I put it on the shopping list @armbian https://t.co/sBV66FZKgx (29s ago)
LanDi has quit [Ping timeout: 240 seconds]
Dr{Who} has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
<Tonymac32> if you see my commits, I'm just rearranging so there is some sanity to the groupings of patches. The I'll add the needed bits. my SD card performance seems to be terrible, haven't tested yet
<lanefu> makin messes
<Tonymac32> man, saying I'm makin messes of the Meson64 directory is like telling my my banana peel is stinking up the local landfill. :-P
<Tonymac32> iozone is not looking wonderful
<Tonymac32> I'll have to see if high speed modes got shut off I guess
<Tonymac32> never breaks 22 MB/s, a board with UHS capabilities would hit 50 - 60 with the same card
<Tonymac32> I thought the potato had UHS, maybe I was mistaken
TRS-80 has joined #armbian
<TRS-80> Good afternoon, fellow wizards!
<lanefu> hey TRS-80
<TRS-80> hey man!
<TRS-80> I finally got caught up on my personal Git commits XD
<lanefu> ha nice
<TRS-80> Just had to announce that to someone. Your lucky day! :D
<lanefu> congrats
<TRS-80> since April, I learned... :/
<lanefu> finishing anything is worth a celebration
<TRS-80> dozens of them
<lanefu> ahh new to git?
<TRS-80> it actually wasn't too bad
<TRS-80> no, just lazy :)
<lanefu> haha
<TRS-80> not that I'm some wizard or anything, far from it
<TRS-80> but I can manage the basics I think
<TRS-80> enough to keep my own text files in there (Orgmode, Beancount, etc...)
<TRS-80> some scripts
<lanefu> speaking of wizard... i thought of the perfect thing for you if you wanted to do some armbian stuff
<TRS-80> what did you have in mind
<ArmbianHelper> AR-343 [Story] "Bash function documentation generator" reported by Lane Jennison at 2020-07-03. Status: To Do
<lanefu> basically add comments on all the bash functions
<TRS-80> Interdasting
<lanefu> you'd geta great understanding of the codebase.... and it would be documented so others would understand easier
<lanefu> anyway no pressure
<TRS-80> Oh I am interested
<lanefu> "just an idea"
<TRS-80> I keep asking but no one can ever point at anything, so this is perfect
<TRS-80> ease my way in, etc...
<TRS-80> But I'll shoot you straight, kids and mama are out of town for the week, and I am getting ready to do this big shelving project while they are gone. But maybe in nights and weekends here and there I can nip at it a bit.,
<lanefu> yeah ma \n. no pressure. its one of things that can just be commmited 1 function at a time even. so it can just naturally go along
<lanefu> i'll post teh task on github as well
<lanefu> i did shelves the other weekend.. always fun https://photos.app.goo.gl/SBrDccVLAZssrWvi8
<lanefu> bleh you reminded me i have lumber in my truck for moar shelves!
<TRS-80> I built some super sturdy ones on back porch out of 2x4s couple weeks ago, I been getting a lot done around here
drobo_01 has joined #armbian
<lanefu> killer
drobo_00 has quit [Ping timeout: 264 seconds]
drobo_01 is now known as drobo_00
<lanefu> I did somee overhead oneese with 2x4s in my garage https://photos.app.goo.gl/7gMAys7y4QtKrkds6
<lanefu> if you ever wanna talk shelves, im here
<archetech> lol
<TRS-80> sorry, not allowing JavaScript (from Google no less) just to look at a photo
<TRS-80> nothing personell
<TRS-80> the modern web is absolute trash
<TRS-80> anyway now I can set up new odroid... I been working on a nice big Makefile to completely provision a new box according to any one of several targets (server, minimal, full desktop including tiling wm, etc...) so now my repos are in order and pushed up to my main server, I can pull them back down and just make install headless or whatever and off to the races. I'm pretty excited about that.
<TRS-80> inb4 lanefu tells me to learn Ansible
<TRS-80> :D
<TRS-80> or similar
<lanefu> TRS-80: you have me looking for a tool to automatically fetch photos links now lol
<TRS-80> wget
<lanefu> cute
<TRS-80> or what do you mean? fetch the link or?
<lanefu> traverse java script hell and return just the image
<lanefu> which odroid did you go with? N2?
<lanefu> which tiling wm?
<TRS-80> one of custom scripts I made recently was custom wrapper for xfce-screenshooter. I just do s-s in i3 and drag a box and it gets put right in ~/tmp/2020/2020-07-04_145300_screenshot.png or whatever
<TRS-80> XU4, I bought 2 a while back
<TRS-80> ahem, win-s for you non Emacs users :D
<lanefu> word... we just squashed a performance bug with xu4
<TRS-80> 5.x still no stable?
<TRS-80> Wireguard is built into kernel starting 5.6 I think?
<TRS-80> can still build dkms, no biggie, just curious mostly
<lanefu> i think WG is later than that
<lanefu> armbian ships with wg
<lanefu> anyway.. I _would_ like to see your desktop install scripts as I wanted to do something similar with some of my boards
<lanefu> so you're i3 and not DWM?
<TRS-80> dwm is suckless one?
<TRS-80> I use some of those tools I think
<lanefu> yeah where you compile config into binary
<TRS-80> yeah that was too much pain in the ass, or I am just too low level wizard
<lanefu> haha
<lanefu> you'd probably like this guy https://lukesmith.xyz
<TRS-80> I don't know enough C to reconcile the 5 different patches I wanted to put together
<TRS-80> I know Luke Smith well. Don't follow him, but know well who he is
<lanefu> uhm you don't know C, you feel it
<TRS-80> anyway i3-gaps is like "batteries included" so I never looked back
drobo_01 has joined #armbian
<TRS-80> 30 workspaces on 3 monitors is nice! :)
<lanefu> haha
<TRS-80> and I am getting pretty fast with the keybindings
<lanefu> so funny.. i dont really do multihead these days
<TRS-80> I love it
<TRS-80> 20 30 20 PLP mustard race
<lanefu> too ADHD would make my neck tires
<lanefu> s/tires/tired
<ArmbianHelper> lanefu meant to say: too ADHD would make my neck tired
<TRS-80> it's super cozy
drobo_00 has quit [Ping timeout: 264 seconds]
drobo_01 is now known as drobo_00
<lanefu> anyway.. if you eveer wanna share those build scripts i'd really like to borrow some inspriationn from them
<lanefu> i wanna make an idealogically pure desktop that I can switch to on my KVM
<TRS-80> I intend to publish them one day, but they need some polish first...
<TRS-80> in fact I was just looking in another screen... since it will probably be forever until I get to that, maybe I can get them to you somehow sooner
<lanefu> the beauty of version control is you can post and improve :P
<TRS-80> at least for some ideas, even if they are incomplete
<TRS-80> I got a lot done, but still so much more to do it seems
<Tonymac32> TRS-80 I2S on Tritium H3 (and so H2+) = perfect
<archetech> lanefu: an IPD?
<Tonymac32> lanefu one of my sonoffs is perma-off
<Tonymac32> :'(
<TRS-80> Tonymac32: you been testing?
<Tonymac32> I have all 3 versions of that board, so yeah, I set it up with an overlay and was playing tunes with the Pimoroni PHAT DAC
<Tonymac32> just a PCM5102A
<TRS-80> Tonymac32: don't feel bad, I sacrificed one for science https://github.com/ct-Open-Source/tuya-convert/issues/680
<lanefu> archetech: whatsa IPD
<lanefu> Tonymac32: dig you give it 5v on VCC instead of 3.3?
<TRS-80> lanefu: you can install draw.io? Or have it already? It's Electron "desktop" app, but also available free online. I could share with you XML file of the general idea of the Makefile, and how I have organized the groups of install targets
<Tonymac32> lanefu no, I think it was a dud, I did 4 others with no issues
<TRS-80> actually you can just go to their website, what am I thinking. In fact I bet I can post up what I have and share it there, hang on..
<lanefu> Tonymac32: hah thats okay.. i just wanted to see what packages you did etc
<lanefu> i eamnt TRS-80 ^
<Tonymac32> draw.io needs DFMEA diagrams. P-diagrams, etc
<Tonymac32> And none of that nasty VDA failure net garbage, the only worse visualization of failure modes is throwing them all in a bag and shaking them
* Tonymac32 realizes he self-triggered there. Disregard.
<Tonymac32> TRS-80 do you dislike libreoffice?
<Tonymac32> or is draw.io better than their tool?
* lanefu expectatina a series of rar and par files through an IPFS gateway
<Tonymac32> lvrp16 whenever you get a minute maybe you can verify the expected SD card I/O bandwidth for Le Potato while I straighten up the other odds and ends for this 5.7 kernel
<lvrp16> Tonymac32: yes, it supports SDR50 but there's no reset pin to turn off 3.3V
dddddd has joined #armbian
<lvrp16> Sandisk cards work ok but samsung will lock in 1.8v mode
<TRS-80> I looked for years for some simple diagramming tool, to get my thoughts on paper. Never found one I liked (including LibreOffice one, IIRC) until I fould draw.io. Finally the tool gets out of the way and I can concentrate on the ideas.
<Tonymac32> ahhh, is this where it was disabled for reboot purposes?
<lvrp16> without a full power reset by turning off 3.3v, sd card from samsung get stuck
<Tonymac32> ...because mine still doesn't reboot. :P
<lvrp16> yes, this is fixed on le potato v2
<lvrp16> so best to turn off UHS unless user knows what he is doing
<Tonymac32> and it is a Samsung card
<lvrp16> yeah it's best to turn it off, even with sandisk card, you lose UHS once you start using 3.3v IO
<lvrp16> SD command set does not allow 1.8v > 3.3v mode command isfaik
<Tonymac32> that's my understanding as well
<archetech> lanefu: lanefu> i wanna make an idealogically pure desktop
<lanefu> LOL IPD!
<archetech> wth is that
<TRS-80> lanefu: I am not going for ideologically pure, just what tools I happen to use...
<lanefu> idealogically pure for you
<lanefu> for me I just want somethign with armbian running mainline-ish kernel that can do 4k
* Tonymac32 thought his Tinker Board did that, but maybe not mainline
<lanefu> N2 is pissing me off on the 4k front.. otherwise its powerful enough to brute force through
<Tonymac32> my gripe with the N2 is the peripheral power situation
<Tonymac32> so mine is just number crunching with nothing but a USB drive attached
<lanefu> well _real_ 4k on most of these is BS. it's HDMI 1.4.. so 4k@30mhz
<archetech> I have 2k with 1.5x scale on kde
<archetech> 2560x1440
<lanefu> yeah really i'll be doing 2560x1440@60hz
<lanefu> yup
<archetech> looks like retina
<lanefu> yeah I wish i had never tasted 4k.. it poisined me
<lanefu> i bought an expensive-ass displayport KVM so i can use my macbook and a SBC with my monitor.... macbook drives it fine of course
<archetech> yeah manifac bs sys it can real worlit cant
<archetech> sys=says
<TRS-80> well tbh I may have overstated the readiness, esp of the "desktop" build portion of the script... it's ready to go... for headless right now, i3 and all that, not so much (because it's more building stuff)
<Tonymac32> for the kind of money you spend on a macbook it better completely redefine your quality of life
<lvrp16> renegade elite :D
<lvrp16> real 4K
<lvrp16> rk3399 in general
<lvrp16> N2's VOP is a smart TV VOP
<Tonymac32> it's still HDMI 1.4, correct? the identical block as the Tinker has
<archetech> kvm =scaling issues in hipi mode usually
<archetech> hidpi
<lanefu> Tonymac32: honestly yeah it does... equivalent System76 would cost about same.... also macbook my $dayjob machine
<Tonymac32> my dayjob machine is an HP mobile workstation, does it's work well, despite the corporate shenanigans
<Tonymac32> corporate IT is never good
<Tonymac32> lol
<lanefu> lvrp16: whats a VOP
<lvrp16> video out processor
<lanefu> RK3399's? isnt
<Tonymac32> the RK3288 and RK3399 were meant for chromebooks
<lanefu> ohhhhhhhhh
<Tonymac32> they aren't shitty cable box processors with weak cores
<Tonymac32> that's also why they literally smoke their power supplies. :P
<lanefu> so just use my opi4 as desktop?
<archetech> any ne sbc's due out soon ? Hrock64 is vaporware
<archetech> new
<lvrp16> haha
<Tonymac32> what was vaporware?
<lvrp16> rock64
<archetech> hardrock64
<lanefu> comes with autographed les paul
<Tonymac32> I'm surprised archetech would wait for another pine board
<archetech> lol
<archetech> Tonymac32: lol im asucker
* TRS-80 always feels the urge to go grab a freshie when he is hanging out with Tonymac32
<Tonymac32> haha
* Tonymac32 is a mix of German and Scottish, so yeah
<archetech> actually that board is all I need an cost low
<Tonymac32> chewitt insane question, when I was patching 5.6, gxbb audio came out sounding like alvin and the chipmunks, I'm going to double check the chosen clocks, but any notes you might have would be welcome
Dr{Who} has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
<TRS-80> IgorPec: if you are around, I got OpenWeatherMap binding "working" in OpenHAB...
livingsilver94_ has joined #armbian
<Tonymac32> ?
livingsilver94 has quit [Ping timeout: 256 seconds]
<TRS-80> ?
<TRS-80> wat.jpg?
<archetech> odriod C4 yay or nay
<TRS-80> I like my XU4 ?
* Tonymac32 doesn't really understand the point of the board
<archetech> old
<Tonymac32> the XU4 is solid though, old or not
<TRS-80> old means cheap, sonny!
<archetech> lol
<archetech> means 32bit
<TRS-80> ssshh yes XU4 is trash, move along, nothing to see here
* TRS-80 keeps hoarding them
<Tonymac32> hehehe
<TRS-80> on sale
<Tonymac32> I bought 5 of the MC1-solos for the $9 firesale proce
<TRS-80> $50 each I paid for my last 2, shipped!
<ArmbianTwitter> TRS-80: Error: "50" is not a valid command.
<Tonymac32> LOL
<TRS-80> remember I was trying to justify buying some of those, even though I had no idea what for at the time? lol
<TRS-80> I didn't though, and some times I still wonder...
<TRS-80> have you actually used yours for anything yet?
<TRS-80> I decided I'm making a freshie
<Tonymac32> Life got in the way of me getting them rolled out, but I think that's coming soon
<Tonymac32> My workshop is at 23 C, given how small the building is apparently that's where it will stay
<Tonymac32> I grabbed an extra Sharp OZ570 organizer, I think I can make a replacement motherboard for it... Allwinner V3s + wifi? lol
<Tonymac32> pocket Armbian
<TRS-80> veeeddddy naaaaaice!
<TRS-80> git clone dotfiles
<TRS-80> make install base minimal
<TRS-80> ...
<TRS-80> Target group install-base-minimal appears to have been installed successfully!
<TRS-80> profit???
<TRS-80> all those hours of work just paid off in seconds! :D
* TRS-80 goes back to double check all the output
<Tonymac32> haha
<Tonymac32> TRS-80 did you mention i3?
<TRS-80> yes why
<TRS-80> I am loving it
<Tonymac32> something I was playing with making a desktop option at one point
<TRS-80> my progression went KDE -> StumpWM -> XFCE -> dwm -> i3-gaps
<TRS-80> for me i3-gaps hits the sweet spot
<TRS-80> you mean on one of your spare SBC?
<Tonymac32> yeah, it seems a nice way to make an HMI out of a few apps
<TRS-80> it is very, very, nice once you do a little config
<TRS-80> but the config is all text files, and therefore you only need to do it once, and you can then maintain that in a repo, etc... and it's reproducable, etc...
<TRS-80> let me know if you need any help, I have 30 workspaces on 3 monitors and lots of custom keybindings to make everything easy to move around
xwigg_ has joined #armbian
<TRS-80> I you ever use tiling wm before?
<Tonymac32> never in anger
<Tonymac32> :D
<TRS-80> it takes a little getting used to, but I think if you stick with it long enough to get over the hump, it does actually turn into gains in productivity / convenience
<TRS-80> probably help if it's not your main workstation, no pressure that way
<TRS-80> i3 also has very good docs
<TRS-80> and a big community
<TRS-80> well, relative to other wms in this realm, anyway :)
<TRS-80> lots of resources online though to help figure things out
xwigg has quit [Ping timeout: 256 seconds]
xwigg_ has quit [Client Quit]
Dr{Who} has quit [Ping timeout: 265 seconds]
<Tonymac32> lol
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
<archetech> I arch sway its like going backwards 30 yrs
<archetech> have
<archetech> but its wayland!
xecutertool has joined #armbian
<nekomancer[m]> <Miouyouyou "Just for info, Github has ARM in"> Where I can read about it? I want to build for arm on github.
xec has quit [Ping timeout: 244 seconds]
Dr{Who} has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
Dr{Who} has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
Dr{Who} has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
Dr{Who} has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
<lanefu> archetech: do most apps work in wayland now?
<lanefu> nekomancer[m]: sooo not sure how accurate that is. Github actions is architecture aware, and you can use as a requirement, but i dont think its one of the provided environments.. its easy to add your own runner tho.
Ntemis has joined #armbian
<Tonymac32> PS3 controller paired with ESP32. woot
<nekomancer[m]> own. yes.
<Tonymac32> this is a 4-channel DC motor driver, making a ridiculously unnecessary fix to a long broken RC
<buZz> nice
<Tonymac32> I designed the board for Meccano/Erector sets, but the motors I wanted to use are too big for the H-bridges, haven't redesigned yet
<Tonymac32> but, a wimpy RC car? Perfect
<buZz> many DC motors take overvolting quite well btw ;)
<buZz> for higher rpm
<buZz> its often over 10x the rated voltage that they start to burn :D
<Tonymac32> haha yes, you just have to keep the coil temps under the insulation melt point
<buZz> :D
<Tonymac32> well, and maybe keep some brushes handy
livingsilver94_ is now known as livingsilver94
<lanefu> Ps3 controller for RC car? Badass
Dr{Who} has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
Elpaulo has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
Elpaulo has joined #armbian
Dr{Who} has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
Dr{Who} has joined #armbian
drobo_00 has quit [Quit: drobo_00]